Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Retreat


There's just a little progress to report on in the retreat this week. 
The kitchen is finished! The sink has a splash back, taps and a waste pipe and the space underneath the sink has a bucket, dustpan and brush. I've put a packet of washing powder under there too since I took the photograph. The kettle is on the hob and the pot is warming ready to brew the tea. The dresser is filled with groceries and a big bowl of fruit. There are even biscuits in the biscuit tin. I'm quite pleased with the way this area of the retreat is looking now. Maybe I'll hang that shabby little sign up on that wall though as it looks a little bare at the moment.


I've also been making a settee to sit opposite the chair. This is not quite finished yet and eventually it will have a throw draped across it ready for snuggling up in in the cooler evening air.

I also made this cute little tea tray for my Etsy shop.
The rest of the week has been taken up painting the big windows for the front wall of the retreat and the railings which fit around the deck - still not finished and certainly not worth showing you.

5 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen. Great work! The settee also is very pretty and the tray is just gorgeous.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of the settee. The tea tray is wonderful. I like your kitchen.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is wonderful. I love the settee lovely colour. The tray is beautiful.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una cocina preciosa, con lindos detalles.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judith, your Retreat is starting to look very welcoming and cosy. Love the couch, and the kitchen is well stocked. Great work. Hugs Sandie

    ReplyDelete