Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Thursday 21 April 2011

New threads and a workshop

I attended a workshop at the Embroiderers' Guild on Monday and had great fun getting creative with felt and crochet. I've never really done much crochet before but am now hooked (if you'll forgive the pun). We started out by making a piece of wet pre-felt and then left that to dry while we ate lunch and learned to crochet. After playing for a while we made a little badge using dry felting techniques - which was also a new skill learned for me. We then cut up our piece of pre-felt, embellished it using dry felting, then returned to the 'wet area' to complete the felted item.


My name badge, which I shall wear at the group in future. I added a few beads and a fabric backing with safety pin so I can wear it easily.


These are the flowers I made - embellished with silk threads and then beaded once I got home. Now I just need to decide how best to display them. Maybe I'll stitch them to a bag ...


These circles and flowers are made from a length of Sea Silk yarn that I already have in my yarn stash and they're so easy to make. You just wrap the yarn three times around your finger to make a loop and then work double crochet stitches until the circle is filled up. To make the flowers you do a second row of stitches working a double crochet into the first stitch and three trebles into the next and repeat until you come to the end.

I think I said in an earlier post that we went to York last Friday and of course I had to visit the Viking Loom craft shop and bought these beautiful threads ...


Aren't the colours gorgeous?! I've not decided yet what they will become but they're so beautiful that it won't be long before inspiration strikes.

And finally ... these beautiful green spray chrysanthemums are the last of my Mother's Day bouquet to survive. The colour looks so fresh that I couldn't resist sharing them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment