Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Gardening and a tour of the attic

It's wonderfully sunny here in West Yorkshire at the moment. I'm hoping that this isn't really all the summer that we get this year but am loving it anyway. The garden is blooming and the veg plot is coming along a treat - broad beans, chard, onions and garlic shooting away, carrots, beetroot, courgettes, brussels sprouts and broccoli all planted and beginning to grow. My garden is tiny but, encouraged by a visit to the RHS gardens at Harlow Carr last year where they had a 3 metre square veg plot, I've built tiny (2 feet square) raised beds in my back garden and filled the patio with tubs in which I'm growing my veg.


These are the tulips in my front garden ...


and one of my collection of bonsai - a beautiful crab apple tree which is about 25 years old and just a foot tall. In spring it's smothered with these lovely white flowers and in autumn is covered with tiny crab apples.

Now ... as promised, the last two rooms of the tea room.


This is the attic, filled with dusty old things - a trunk full of old magazines, books and papers, and a teddy peeping over the front edge; boxes of old photographs; a tea chest filled with rolls of wallpaper and old fabric and a chair which I had great fun distressing to make it look worn out.


And this is the bedroom, complete with chest of linens and cosy patchwork quilt and knitted blanket folded across the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment